Just like how every country and cities have their own culture and way of living, their food also bends like a river. Each place has unique food and cuisines that can not be replicated anywhere else, or they can try! Just like Korea have their…
Don’t think that we have forgotten about our other precious readers! In the previous article, we have covered the best luxury Phnom Penh Hotels for those of you who like to splurge and experience the finest things in life. In this article, we are focusing on our budget-friendly readers who may not want to splurge on their accommodation and instead are looking for something that is reasonable and worth their while. Hence, our article is named “Top 10 Cheap Phnom Penh Hotels for Budget-friendly travelers.”
However, do not associate the word “cheap” with negative connotations and wild myths like bad service hotel or haunted hotels…. In our vocabulary, cheap means that it is affordable and offers great value to the owner. Besides, Phnom Penh is a city that has a few tricks up its sleeves and when there are luxury hotels, there are budget-friendly hotels. These hotels are located near to the tourist attractions, unlike the more expensive counterparts that are often far away from the attractions. Consequently, it leads to convenience in traveling and getting around. So you can tell that cheap Phnom Penh hotels have its unique selling points. Check this to find the 10 Greatest Phnom Penh Hotels with Best Nightlife Experience
BENEFITS OF CHEAP PHNOM PENH HOTELS
Longer vacation days
When travelers spend less on their accommodations, they will be able to stay and visit a country/city longer than when they splurge. Why? Simple. This is because when you spend $50 per night as compared to $200 per night, you are cutting down your costs and this means that you can stay at a budget-friendly hotel for four days for the same price as staying at a luxury hotel for one night. As a result, this is a benefit for choosing cheap Phnom Penh hotels when travelers want to stay longer in order to explore more.
Some people might disagree with us about this benefit but we have seen and witnessed many examples that attest to this fact. Cheap Phnom Penh hotels are often closer to famous landmarks, tourist destinations and traditional wet market. It might not boast breathtaking views but instead offers convenience. Since it is closer to all these places, it makes it easier for travelers to get to these places and consume lesser time than staying at The Bale Phnom Penh hotel for example.
Bigger rooms for a lower price
With cheap Phnom Penh hotels, guests need not worry about their room size for they can get bigger rooms at a very cheap price. In contrast to getting a small room for the price of a standard room at a luxury hotel, why not make it easier for yourself and get bigger accommodations. Often, bigger rooms with cheaper prices are what attracts travelers to choose cheap Phnom Penh hotels instead of the higher-ends one.
Top 10 Best Cheap Phnom Penh Hotels
Crystal Blue Boutique Hotel
Guest and visitors have rated this boutique hotel as 8.9/10 which is pretty good for a three-star hotel. In addition, after careful analysis of visitors comments, we are proud to announce that this hotel is loved for its LOCATION. We told you so! Guests have stated that the location is very convenient and close to all the tourist attractions.
- Location: 169 Preah Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh
- Price: From 34 USD
- Atmosphere: Although it is located around a noisy block, the rooms are extremely quiet and peaceful.
- Service: Excellent staff (Extremely helpful and friendly)
- Contact Info: (+855) 96 510 1168
- Facilities: Free WiFi, airport shuttle, family rooms, non-smoking rooms, restaurant, free parking and bar
Due to its convenient location of being around Toul Tompong Market or what foreigners know as the Russian market, this hotel is surrounded by local cuisines and restaurants from every direction. It is like the hotel is a wifi router and all the restaurants are the signals! With such a convenient location, it makes it very easy for travelers to go to places on foot.
- Location: No.128/Street 136/ Sangkat Pshar Kandal 2/ Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Price: 20 USD- 40 USD
- Atmosphere: Quiet and serene
- Service: According to the reviews we have read, Vacation Boutique hotel scores an 8.6 rating from their customers with a high score of over 9 for their staff. This alone means that their service is of great quality.
- Contact Info: (+855) 23 212 626
- Email: email@example.com
- Facilities: Free WiFi, airport shuttle, family rooms, non-smoking rooms, restaurant and free parking.
You might also like this: Top 12 Best Luxury Phnom Penh Hotel with Top Customer Review
Monsoon Boutique Hotel & Spa
Another one on our list of cheap Phnom Penh hotel, Monsoon boutique hotel is located on the riverfront and this enhance the nightlife experience of travelers. There are various bars scattered around and plenty of accessible entertainment. Although tiny, the hotel received good ratings from their guests but beware that there are some bars that might be in your best interest to avoid.
- Location: 53-55 E, Street 130, Sangkat Pharkandal I,Khan Daun Penh, Riverfront Area , Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Price: 20 USD – 30 USD
- Atmosphere: Very lively and hectic
- Service: The staff are known for their friendliness and excellent service.
- Contact Info: (+855)23 989 856
- Email: reservation@monsoonhotelcom
- Facilities: Spa, restaurant and bar.
Point Boutique Hotel
Point Boutique hotel is rated as a hotel that gives guest their money’s worth and having great service as well as location. Reviewers have stated that they have no regrets choosing Point boutique as their accommodation because of its convenient location and excellent rooms.
- Location: #10, 130th St., Phsar Kandal, Daun Penh, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh
- Price: 40USD – 150USD
- Atmosphere: Dynamic and full of life
- Service: Great staff who are very accommodating and welcoming. Ready to help in any given situation and therefore radiates a sense of true hospitality not just from the hotel itself, but also from their staff and employees.
- Contact Info: (+855) 23 210 003 / (+855) 70 800 003
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facilities: Private check-in/check-out, concierge service, ATM/cash machine on site, luggage storage, ticket service, tour desk, foreign money exchange and 24-hour front desk.
What’s a visitor’s worst nightmare? Unclean rooms and uncomfortable beds? All of the above. It is also something that we can relate to, however Pacific hotel provides guests with soft-comfortable beds to rest and relax after a long flight. It is conveniently located near famous temples and pagodas making it easier for all cultural enthusiasts to explore.
- Location: 234, Preah Monivong Boulevard (93 Sangkat Phsar Thmei II, Khan Daun Penh Phnom Penh, 12202
- Price: 25 USD-40USD
- Atmosphere: High-spirited and vibrant, everything is buzzing with excitement and energy.
- Service: Polite and helpful staff.
- Contact Info: : (+855) 23 218 592
- Facilities: Garden, restaurants, bars and transportation.
Casa Villa Independence
Nestled in a hidden corner of lush green scenery, this boutique hotel offers a different vibe than the rest of the hotels. In contrast to the lively and robust environment in other hotels, this one is quiet and peaceful.
- Location: Villa 04, Street 294, Sangkat Boueng Keng Kang 1, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
- Price: 30USD-150 USD
- Atmosphere: Peaceful and quiet
- Service: Diligent and available 24-hour service.
- Contact Info: (+855) 23 211 729
- Email: email@example.com
- Facilities: Pool, dining area and gardens.
King Grand Boutique Hotel
Covered in greenery and plants, this hotel is the embodiment of peace and relaxation. Located around Daun Penh which is basically next to religious temples and ancient landmarks.
- Location: No 18, Street 258, Sang Kat Chak Tomuk, Khan Daun Penh, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Price: 30USD-60USD
- Atmosphere: Peaceful and relaxed
- Service: Good and warm service.
- Contact Info: (+855) 23 215 848
- Facilities: Restaurant, elevator, rooftop swimming pool and transportation.
Newly-renovated from Mittapheap, Mito hotel is a shortened version of its original name, it houses an innovative design and friendly staffs. Changed from every aspects and corner, this hotel has never looked any better. It is a combination of retro and modern design. Each corner has its own personality and taste.
- Location: No. 11, St.174 Oknha Ket Rd (Corner of Monivong Blvd ) Sangkat Boeung Rang.Khan Daun Penh, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Price: 30USD-60USD
- Atmosphere: Warm, kind and friendly
- Service: As quoted by several guests, Mito hotel’s service is unbeatable as they help guide their guests from the moment they arrive at our airport all the way to the hotel.
- Contact Info: (+855) 23 213 999
- Facilities: Dining, restaurants, Chinese massage, Tour services, photography services and transportation services.
Wanna know Where to Stay in Phnom Penh? Check this!
All about comfiness and simplicity, this hotel is a great choice for minimalist and those seeking for a replica of their homes. Another hotel that is conveniently close to local areas and markets, this fits perfectly into our benefits category.
- Location: No.29 Street 222, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Price: 20USD-30USD
- Atmosphere: Comfortable and light-hearted. Eases the visitors into a sense of comfort and security.
- Service: 24-hour service that fully attends to their guests’ needs and wants.
- Contact Info: (+855) 10 292 229
- Facilities: Bicycle rental, luggage storage, and laundry services and tour activities arrangement.
De Art Hotel
Wanna have fun during your stay in Phnom Penh? We know how inconvenient it is that your hotel is far away from night markets, so we personally made sure to include this hotel. It is right in front of the night market and 0.1km away from the buzzing riverfront. Therefore you can stay out late and not worry about your hotel is far away.
- Location: Preah Mohaksat Treiyani Kossamak, In front of the night market, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Price: 20USD-50USD
- Atmosphere: Chill and relaxing
- Service: With a 7.6 rating in its service, De Art hotel is considered to be a very good hotel that is able to cater to their customers’ needs.
- Contact Info: (+855) 23 622 2298
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facilities: Thai restaurant and 24-hour mini-mart.
Always, always have a list of what you want to do! Think of it as a guide to choosing your choice out of the list of cheap Phnom Penh hotel. When you have a list of things you want to do, you will have a clearer idea of the areas these places are located in and you will be able to choose a hotel within that area.
Do your research on each hotel as their vibe and services might differ from the one you prefer. Therefore reading through and seeing which hotel best matches your ideal type is the optimum way of selecting your cheap Phnom Penh hotel choice.
In our opinion, we chose our two favorites hotel out of the ten which are De Art hotel and Point Boutique hotel. Simply because these hotels are beautifully decorated and rivals even the most luxurious hotel and its convenient location. Visitors can travel on foot to nearby tourist attractions which helps save up on traveling expenses.