With winter already here, the best outdoor activity for many people is snowboarding! However, with your snowboard in hand, you need to be safe and warm. So how can you keep yourself warm and safe during your trip to the mountains to enjoy the best snowboarding this winter? You will need the best snowboarding jackets to suit your style. Today we are going to help you find a jacket that is durable and will keep you warm throughout your adventure. Here you can find a wide selection of styles available with a buyer’s guide to help get you on your way in finding the best one.
Check this out to find Best Snowboard Helmets In 2020 | Stay Safe While Snowboarding
The Best Snowboarding Jackets for Men & Women in 2020
10. Woodland Insulated Snowboard Jacket
The 686 snowboard jacket from Woodlands offers you everything you need to keep warm. The fabric comprises infi-Dry 10k material that has a breathable design when working up a sweat. Furthermore, it has mesh pit vents to remove excess heat, as well. However, we would have liked it if the seams were fully taped. The hood snaps off, which is a great feature to have when wearing a snowboard helmet. Moreover, it comes with wrist and skirt gaiters to keep out the cold and snow. On the other hand, if you listen to music while snowboarding, you have a unique media pocket to keep your tunes within reach.
You can even keep your goggles inside the dedicated pocket, and it has plenty of pockets to keep items close.
- Offers you versatile warmth as the jacket is insulated
- Has an overall waterproof design
- The design is modern and available in a vast selection of patterns
- Comfortable to wear for any outdoor adventure
9. Burton Covert
The men’s snowboard jacket you can buy in a wide selection of colors. The jacket comprises of waterproof and breathable fabric making it look savvy. There is plenty of insulation in the sleeves and is pretty heavy with zip vents to remove excessive heat. Even the hood is compatible with a helmet but is attached and not removable. Furthermore, the jacket is Bluesign approved, making it an eco-friendly coat to wear. So if you want the best snowboard jacket, this is the one to buy.
- Made with DRYWIDE two-layer fabric for the best insulation
- The lining comprises Thermolite to regulate the body temperature
- The seams are taped and come with a removable waist gaiter
- Has a media and goggle pocket
- The hood fits over the helmet but is not removable
8. VOLCOM Beta Snowboard Jacket
Here we have the VOLCOM Beta jacket that also has taped seams with a waterproof design. Furthermore, it has a fiber chin guard to protect the fabric when rubbing against your chin.There are pit zips and offers you 40 grams of insulation to keep you warm. What we do not like is the non-removable hoody, but it is not a big problem and fits well over a helmet.What makes the snowboard jacket so unique is that you can zip it into the Volcom pants. This jacket is for men, but you can buy it in the woman range as well.
- Critically taped seams
- Zips into the Volcom pants sold separately
- Comprise a sued chin guard
- Designed with mesh-lined vents with zips
- Two-layer Oxford fabric with a fleece lining
- Three colors available
7. Oakley Division
The Oakley Division BZI snowboard jacket has a huge hood to fit over your helmet, making it a great choice. The bonnet stretches over the headgear and cinches down for protection. Furthermore, you get a goggle cloth in the jacket, and it comprises 100-gram insulation. So you will not be able to wear the coat on hot days. There are pit zips but will not prevent you from overheating in the hot sun. Moreover, it is lined with Biozone to keep you dry and warm at the same time.
- Available in four color designs
- Made with Biozone lining
- FN Dry 10k Insulation
- Helmet compatible
- Made with underarm vents
6. The North Face Snowboard Jacket
The North Face jacket has some severe waterproofing as they make use of THEIR DryVent 2L that has a high PSI rating. The material is breathable and it is fully seam-sealed as well. You have the pit zips and make it a solid choice to wear in any weather. You have two pockets on the inside with a special goggle pocket. Furthermore, you have three external pockets, and it comes with a powder skirt. With the gaiters, it keeps the snow out and makes the North Face one of the best snowboard jackets to have.
While this one is made for men, there is a jacket available for women as well.
- Vast selection of colors available
- Made with nylon material and THEIR DryVent 2L insulation
- Designed with zippered closure
- Has pit zips with loads of pockets
5. Burton AK 2L Swash Jacket
The snowboard jacket from Burton has the same design of Gore-Tex fabric used in the North Face jacket. You have plenty of storage to keep items on hand like your phone or a water bottle.Furthermore, it comes with a powder skirt that comprises of an elastic waist with buttons. The insulation you find more in the core section and helps make the sleeves lightweight.The seams are fully taped and made with waterproof zippers to keep you dry. You even get powder cuffs available on the sleeves.What the snowboard jacket lacks is pit zips but comes with venting pockets instead. On the other hand, you can wear the coat with the Burton pants as it zips together.If you do want a jacket for your girlfriend or wife, you can find one here.
- Made with Gore-Tex fabric with loads of storage pockets
- Has a lightweight design and insulated well
- Designed with venting pockets
- Fully taped with waterproof zippers
- Comprise powder cuffs with an elastic waist with button closure
4. WANTDO Snowboard Jacket
For the best snowboard jacket for women, nothing comes close to the WANTDO brand. You get versatility when wearing the clothing piece.You get outstanding weather protection with the TASLAN exterior and combined Teflon coating to keep you dry. Furthermore, the fleece you can remove for warmer days if needed.Even the hood is detachable and comes with elastic cuffs with a two-way zipper. There are six pockets with an internal pocket and earphone fixture.Furthermore, you can keep your hands warm in the padded pockets. The fit is perfect and is one of the best available on the market.
- Loads of pockets
- Has a two-way zipper
- The hood you can adjust or remove
- Made with TASLAN fabric that is waterproof
- Comprise Teflon coating
The OutdoorMaster is an affordable snowboard jacket with a three-in-one design. The inner fleece detaches and it comes with a hooded shell that fist over your helmet.You get adjustable cuffs, removable hood, durable zippers, and an easy-access inside pocket. The material is resistant to wear and tear, plus you get a six-month guarantee with the jacket.The clothing piece comprises polyester giving it a durable structure against the elements outdoors.
What we like at a glance:
- The inner fleece keeps you warm, and you remove it
- A removable, helmet-compatible hood
- Made with durable pit zips
- Has an easy-access pocket inside
- Designed with adjustable cuffs [/su_tab] [/su_tabs]
2. Dawn Woman Snowboard Jacket
The Dawn woman’s snowboard jacket from Mountain Warehouse is a high-quality wearable. While it is affordable, it compares well to more expensive jackets.The polyester fabric comes with a DWR coating to keep you dry. Furthermore, it has a fleece lining and integrated snow skirt.On the other hand, you have zippered mesh vents, loads of pockets, a ski pass pocket, and thumbholes. Pick one today from the selection of colors available.
- Great designed prints
- Made with mesh vents and has a reflector on the outside
- The hood you can adjust
- Dedicated ski pass pocket
- Comprise thumb holes with a fleece lining
To keep warm while snowboarding, you need this jacket with its waterproof design. The cuffs are adjustable to put on your gloves.On the inside of the clothing piece, you have a windproof snap powder skirt with an adjustable storm hood. Furthermore, the fabric is water repellent coated with a fleece lining.The material dries quickly and offers you a relaxed fit with loads of zippered pockets as well.
- Waterproof fabric with zipper closure
- Adjustable cuffs
- Interior windproof snap powder skirt
- Adjustable storm hood
- Fleece lining
Snowboard Jacket Comparison Table
|WOODLAND||POLY OXFORD||140 GRAMS BODY WITH 80 GRAMS SLEEVE AND HOOD||MEDIA/GOGGLE POCKET|
|BURTON COVERT||DRYRIDE TWO-LAYER NYLON||80 GRAM BODY/60 GRAM SLEEVE AND HOOD||MEDIA/GOGGLE POCKET|
|VOLCOM BETA||TWO-LAYER OXFORD||60 GRAMS||MESH LINED VENTS WITH SUED CHIN GUARD|
|OAKLEY DIVISION||POLY OXFORD||BIO ZONE 100GM/80GM||THREE-POINT CINCH SYSTEM WITH COMPATIBLE HELMET HOOD|
|THE NORTH FACE||DRYVENT 2L||25 PSI WATERPROOFING WITH 800 GRAMS||WORKS WITH THE PANTS AND ZIPS TOGETHER|
|BURTON AK 2L||GORE-TEX WITH TWO LAYERS||NYLON HONEYCOMB TAFFETA||PIT ZIPS, TAPED SEAMS, AND WAIST GAITERS|
|WANTDO||TASLAND AND TEFLON||COTTON FLEECE||TWO-WAY ZIPPER WITH REMOVABLE HOOD|
|OUTDOOR MASTER||POLYESTER/TEFLON||INNER FLEECE LINER||EASY-ACCESS POCKET, ADJUSTABLE CUFFS, PIT ZIPS, AND REMOVABLE HOOD|
|MOUNTAIN WAREHOUSE DAWN||POLYESTER||FLEECE LINING||SNOWSKIRT WITH ADJUSTABLE CUFFS AND HOOD|
|MOERDENG||POLYESTER||FLEECE LINING||ADJUSTABLE CUFFS WITH SNAP POWDER SKIRT AND ADJUSTABLE HOOD|
Snowboard Jacket Buyer’s Guide
When you choose the best snowboard jacket, there are certain things you need to consider.
The Importance of Layering
As you will be snowboarding or partaking in outdoor activities, the layering of the jackets essential to keep you warm. However, there are different layer types you can consider:
- The shell – this plays an integral part in the layer system. The jacket needs to have an insulated shell made of waterproof and windproof fabric. For the best insulation, you can look at a clothing piece made of Gore-Tex to keep you dry. Furthermore, when snowboarding one can always do with breathability and helps. Another important feature is being able to unzip the vents as well.
- Storage – look for loads of internal and external pockets to keep your goggles and other goods on hand.
- Insulation – here, you can look at layers comprising Merino Wool, Goose Down, or Polyester. For freezing weather, we recommend the goose down.
Different Snowboarding Jackets
When choosing the best snowboarding jackets, we recommend looking at the modular jacket. The clothing piece is popular as it offers you three different layers to use separately.The jacket comprises an outer shell combined with an insulation layer to keep you dry and warm. All the pieces zip together, so when you start getting too warm, you can always remove the fleece inner and more.
However, you can also find snowboard jackets with insulated shells that are less versatile to wear at a lower price. For wearing with snowboarding, these jackets are heavy and constrict your movement at the same time. Alternatively, you can select a hardshell jacket, as well. For warm conditions, the jacket works well as you can remove the fleece. However, the insulation does not offer the best water protection when raining.
On the other hand, the fabric is wind resistant well. Another vital feature is whether you want a hood or not. You can find different snowboard jackets featuring removable hoods. However, if you do buy a jacket with a non-removable hood, make sure it does fit over your helmet as it might get in the way.
- Goggle cloth – this is not a vital feature, but if you do get one available with your jacket, it is a great help.
- Venting – the feature is essential when it comes to snowboarding. Look for a jacket with zippered vents for those times when it gets a bit hot.
- Powder skirt – here is another mandatory thing to have. With the powder skirt, you can seal yourself off against the weather, keeping you dry and warm.
- Ski pass pocket – this may not be mandatory but does help when in need of showing your ski pass.
- Pit zips – the features are essential and allows for loads of airflow to move through underneath your arms.
We know that picking the best snowboard jacket is not an easy task. We recommend the OutdoorMaster as it has all the features for snowboarding. Furthermore, the jacket looks modern as well. Alternatively, we recommend the Burton Cover, but it all depends on your preference and needs, as well. Always consider in which type of weather you plan to wear the jacket before settling on the best one. We hope that the buyer’s guide helps you find one on the list. So pick your snowboard jacket today and have fun!
Check out our best women snowboards here!